Terms related to CBD
- Cannabidiol (CBD) - the component of the cannabis plant that is not psychoactive, such as THC.
- Cannabidiol (CDB) oil - Oil containing high concentrations of cannabidiol (or CBD), a compound found in the cannabis plant.
○ Source: https://www.cbdoutletonline.com/
- Cannabis - A genus of flowering plants, also known as hemp. Used to produce hemp fibers, hemp oils, for medicinal purposes, and as a recreational drug.
○ Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis
- Cannabinoid - The primary chemical compounds found in the cannabis plant. THC and CBD are the most common.
- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) - A cannabinoid and the principal psychoactive component of cannabis.
- Psychoactive - Producing or capable of producing substantial effects on mental processes.
- Tincture - An alcoholic extract of plant or animal material, or solution of such. CBD tinctures can be ingested sublingually or added to food and beverages.
○ Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tincture,
- E-liquid - E-liquid is the mixture used in vapor products such as e-cigarettes and generally consists of propylene glycol, glycerin, water, nicotine, and flavorings.
- Epilepsy - A group of neurological disorders characterized by epileptic seizures. Studies have investigated CBD’s effect on the disease.
○ Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epilepsy
- Hemp - A variety of the cannabis plant grown specifically for its industrial uses, including paper and textiles. It contains lower concentrations of THC and higher concentrations of CBD. Also known as industrial hemp.
○ Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemp
- Phytocannabinoid - A cannabinoid that occurs naturally in the cannabis plant.
○ Source: https://www.news-medical.net/health/Phytocannabinoids.aspx
- Endocannabinoid - A cannabinoid produced naturally in the body by animals.
- Endogenous cannabinoid system - Regulates the body’s homeostasis, or general state of balance. Affects mood, sleep, appetite, and other functions. Also known as the endocannabinoid system.
○ Source: https://www.cbdoutletonline.com/about-cbd.html
- Homeostasis - Any self-regulating process by which biological systems tend to maintain stability while adjusting to conditions that are optimal for survival.
- Hemp seed oil - Extracted from the seeds of the hemp plant, rather than the flowers. Has various health benefits but doesn’t contain CBD.
- Real Scientific Hemp Oil™ - Pure, all-natural hemp oil simply extracted from the stalk of the hemp plant, tested for quality, and packaged for sale with no additives. These pure oils have the highest concentration of CBD, usually 100 mg or more per serving.
- Medium-chain Triglyceride (MCT) Oil - an oil made from pure MCTs (a form of saturated fatty acids) taken from coconut and palm oil.
○ Source: https://perfectketo.com/mct-oil/
- CBD vape additive - A form of CBD oil designed to be added to any other non-CBD vape oil, thus adding the effects of CBD to your favorite vape oil or e-liquid.
- cGMP certified - Indication that a product complies with the FDA’s Current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Terpenes - Easily evaporated aromatic molecules that readily become available to the nose. These form the basis of aromatherapy.
- Hookah - A single- or multi-stemmed instrument for vaporizing and smoking flavored tobacco, cannabis, or opium. The vapor or smoke passes through a basin before inhalation.
○ Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hookah