Benefits of MCT oil & Role in CBD Oil Products
What is MCT Oil?
MCT or “medium chain triglyceride” is saturated fat found in various oils like coconut and CBD Oil, which is easily broken down by the body. Due to its fast metabolism it is not usually stored as fat, providing a form of natural fuel for the body. It is in its composition, a combination of both coconut oil and palm oil.
Role of MCT Oil in CBD Oil
In CBD Oil, MCT’s allow the cannabinoids to interact with the body faster as well. Cannabinoids are better stored in fat and so adding oils to them help in their absorption and allows them to be used longer. However, not all oils are created equal and using the wrong oil may in fact prolong the absorption process.
When added to CBD oil the MCT oil is ‘seen’ as a carbohydrate by the liver but processed as a fat. This allows it to be broken down without the creation of any free radicals giving cannabinoids a faster reaction time for absorption by the body.
Benefits of MCT Oil in CBD Products.
Research is being done to understand the role of MCT and its benefits in CBD Products. As research for both is in its infancy no definitive assumptions can be made. However, MCT Oil is suggested to be helping as a carrier and improving any benefits that CBD oil may provide. Some benefits include:
- The addition of the MCT Oil allows faster absorption and is being studied in celiac diseases and liver diseases where digestion maybe inhibited.
- The role of MCT’s and their fast breakdown is also being studied for preventing seizures in children.
- Since MCT oil is broken down as a fat studies in diabetic controls suggests that it may help reduce the sugar present in the blood and improve the insulin function by increasing the amount of muscle mass while giving the brain energy.
- Studies are suggesting that MCT oil also has some antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral properties as it contains compounds like antimicrobial lipids, capric acid and lauric acid.
- Combining CBD with MCT helps increase a fatty acid metabolic function and reducing the burn of sugars. In the end improving endocannabinoid system.
MCT Oil is a synthetic oil and only the highest quality products should be bought when MCT is included. There are various ways to derive MCT and there may be detrimental effects if products bought contain low quality MCT oil. Some CBD brands that contain MCT oil are: CBDfx and Hemplucid.